About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom of two very active boys and and married to a wonderful husband and love of my life. I work in social services. But what's really awesome, is that I can blend my love the law and working with people with disabilities. But my true passion is writing, which helps me make sense of my world.

Friday, May 28, 2010

What I Like...

While I was driving to work, I kept thinking about my next subject to blog about. Then it occurred to me that I want to write about me! What's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing. But I wanted to make it very simple.

I want to write about what I like:
I like hearing the birds sing morning (they really sing on summer mornings)
I like hearing Brendan sing
I like listening to music and thinking I can carry a tune
I like flowers and all their glorious colors
I like driving to Georgia and most road trips
I like Lays Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips
I like watching Joe sleep
I like watching HGTV and DIY on Saturday afternoons
I like very strong coffee
I like the way Aidan smells
I like the noise Aidan makes when he runs around the house
I like dark chocolate
I like wine (very much)
I my job
I like Cleveland in the summer
I like watching wedding shows, especially shows about wedding dresses
I like all kinds of music except country (sorry)
I like to read historical novels
I like Yoga and meditation (although I wish I had the time to Yoga and meditate)
I like bright green, pink and orange colors
I like to clean, but I'm not OCD about (at least I don't think I am).
I like Margarita on the rocks (no salt please)
I like it when Joe and I watch TV together (no children please)
I like Joe's family (more normal than mine)
I like cheesecake
I like watching the Amazing Race
I like watching the news (I'm a bonafide news junkie)
I like it when Brendan has a new hair cut
I like Drag Queens...I think RuPaul rocks! Seriously, have you even been to one their live shows?
I like Aidan's curls
I like talking to my mom and sister on the phone
I like the feeling of accomplishment
I like researching my family history
I like swearing (although I've been told that swearing is an expression of an empty mine...really?)
I like getting manicures and pedicures
I like watching my boys play on the beach
I like watching my boys experience something new
and exciting for the first time
I like Joe's hair and rubbing my finger through it (although he doesn't like it)
I like watching Seinfeld
I like going to lunch with my girlfriends
I like reading (mostly historical fiction)
Now I could go on and on...and I may even add to it. But you have admit it, you've never sat down and listed what you liked, unless you were forced to....
But what do you like? I would love to know....


3 comments:

judy said...

Sherita we like alot of the same stuff. We would have had alot of fun growing up together. Of course that would be good for me cause I would be younger than I am now. LOL

I like summer early mornings just when the sun is just comming up
I like hearing the birds at my bedroom window singing away
I like drinking coffee and reading the sunday paper on the deck
I like watching my children grow up and thinking what they will do in life
I like watching my grandchildren and spending time with them
I like being the best grandma and mom that I can possibly be. Someone that will be there for all of them when needed
I like watching my dogs play with each other
I like it when Bernie goes to bed and I have some time alone (I am over watching him sleep after 39 years)and he has no hair anymore
I like that my son fusses over me like I am helpless. It makes me feel so very special
I like watching funny shows. Shows like Seinfield that makes you laugh out loud
I like spending time with my friends
I like HGTV and doing things myself when it comes to remodeling
I like finding new things to do with old things
I like thirft store shopping
I like singing to oldies
I like taking the kids to Tinkers Creek
I like watching frogs in my pond
I like having a cookout with friends and families
I like having a swimming pool for the kids to come and swim
I liked my job and did not want to give it up
I like the way ice feels melting in my mouth
I like chocolate to melt in my mouth
I like Cookie dough Blizzards fro the DQ
I like sewing, but do not want to be interrupted so I don't sew.
I could sit here and think of a million more things but I won't bored you anymore cause I think you get the jest of what I like. Thanks for bringing it to my mind.





I like hearing the birds at my bedroom window

Sherita said...

Judy, that's a really awesome list...especially the part about watching your husband sleep....hahaha! I think we have a lot in common...wasn't it fun to think of the things you like and actually write it out?

shayshayred said...

WOW I LIKE that you like all those things... makes you apprecieate life a little more!

For the love of flowers

For the love of flowers
I have recently discovered my love for taking pics of flowers. This was taken in a small garden in Indiana...

Followers