About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom of two very active boys and and married to a wonderful husband and love of my life. I work in social services. But what's really awesome, is that I can blend my love the law and working with people with disabilities. But my true passion is writing, which helps me make sense of my world.

Friday, April 2, 2010

LBJ

So I was thinking about Lebron James and the big question....will LBJ stay in Cleveland? This is my quick answer..."Most definately yes, but maybe not forever..."

Here's why? First of all, the Cavs do not have a championship title to brag about. LBJ and the Cavs are the closest chance we have to achieving a title. I really don't think that he'll leave the Cavs until he has one.
Next, he's the big dog in our city. If he goes to another city like New York, he won't be the big dog. He'll be just another overpaid sports star in a huge city, plus he'll have the compete with the likes of Derek Jeter and A Rod.

It was also brought to my attention (thanks to ESPN or maybe it was WJW) that he if he's goes to another team, he will have to be part of their rebuilding process...and at this time, he's probably not interested in going down that road again...at least not for a while.

Right now, I believe that he has a lot of clout when it comes to choosing players for our team. He may not have that kind of influence if he's part of another franchise.

Then there is the important thing about money and contracts and all that other stuff. Now I'm not a sports agent and I don't pretend to understand how it works in the NBA. But the sportscaster (WJW) said something about Nike, money and contracts from other NBA teams...blah, blah, blah....but it ended with LBJ would benefit financially from staying with the Cavs...ok.

Finally, it's that little thing called loyalty. There's no loyalty in team sports today. Players follow the money...and maybe I don't blame them...But with LBJ, the city of Akron and (even Cleveland) and has been on his side since his very early days. LBJ talents were developed and nutured in Akron. So it's his obligation to pay the city and his fans back with some sort of loyalty (at least a little bit). But that's just my opinion. Go Cavs!!

1 comment:

shayshayred said...

Wester's Dictionary~
LBJ: Big Fish... Little Pond

For the love of flowers

For the love of flowers
I have recently discovered my love for taking pics of flowers. This was taken in a small garden in Indiana...

Followers