About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom of two very active boys and and married to a wonderful husband and love of my life. I work in social services. But what's really awesome, is that I can blend my love the law and working with people with disabilities. But my true passion is writing, which helps me make sense of my world.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Artistic License...

So I was talking with Sharon about my blog, and she asked a question about how come I haven't blogged in a while. I told her because there are some subjects that I want to talk about, but I'm afraid of offending people. She said, "its okay because you have an artistic license."

I said, "really?"

So I've been thinking about this artistic license and somehow, I'm still having hard time with this. I mean, when I was a lot younger, I was full of opinions and very strong beliefs. Everything was black and white and there was little wiggle room for anything else. Believe me, if you asked me, I was going to tell you.

And then, I started to live a little, experience some changes in my life and made some tough decisions and sacrifices. By then I was keeping most of opinions to myself and just starting listening to other people.

But now I'm 36 yrs old and I've started this blog. I can pretty much say what I want. So why am I afraid?  I think that I'm afraid that if I started expressing myself that people won't like me. Wow! I'm almost embarassed to admit that...hmmm...

But I also believe in being responsible and thoughtful. I want to be responsbile because my words, my thoughts, my beliefs are to be going to out there...out in the world wide web, out in the universe.

So there is one thing that I know and that is my truth...I've always wanted to write...I love writing and this is an excellant outlet for me...so I'm going to step out of comfort zone and just write...

2 comments:

judy said...

Sherita I love that you are stepping out of your comfort zone and expressing yourself thru your writing. You are a very interesting person with alot of wonderful thoughts. Your right in saying, that people will not like you, because some won't. But if they know or love you they will understand that it is your opinion and you have a right to express it. They can take what they want and leave what they don't out of what you say. If they want to waste the energy on being mad at you then they weren't worth the worry in the first place.
I am not fond of hurting peoples feelings on purpose but some times things have to be said. I have a real hard time holding back. Shame on me. Enjoying you Judy

shayshayred said...

No matter what - you're always going to be "responsible and thoughtful" in your writing... that just who you are... But that still doesn't mean that you don't have an artistic license. Wasn't this country built on free speech? ... think about that one, and keep on writing sis!

For the love of flowers

For the love of flowers
I have recently discovered my love for taking pics of flowers. This was taken in a small garden in Indiana...

Followers