About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom of two very active boys and and married to a wonderful husband and love of my life. I work in social services. But what's really awesome, is that I can blend my love the law and working with people with disabilities. But my true passion is writing, which helps me make sense of my world.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Eastern philosophy....

I have always enjoyed learning about different points of views and exploring other perspectives, especially certain aspects of Eastern philosophies.


Today, I ran across this quote:

 
"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
~Buddha 
 



5 comments:

Chris said...

I am not into the worshiping part of it, but Buddhism has many cool philosophies.

judy said...

I just wonder how you turn off your your mind so that you do not poison it. If someone plants a seed my mind will run with it. How do I stop.

Sherita said...

I think the point of meditation is to just quiet your mind...not to turn it off. Meditation takes a lot of work and practice. When I was younger, I used to try meditation...but then I would always fall asleep. I hope to learn to do it properly one day!

shayshayred said...

I would meditate at night before I fell asleep... or on Saturday mornings before I got out of bed... for me it was just reflecting on life and all the good things that surround you. It wasn't so much as turning off my mind is it was focusing on the positive, or focusing on breathing and with every inhale (or exhale) just being grateful that I'm alive. Then you get to a point where you're mind take you other places, memories, feelings thoughts - but all positive... its really restorative and refreshing. Try not to turn off your mind, just quiet it by focusing on something positive that makes you feel good... you'll find that meditation isn't hard at all!

Sherita said...

I agree...it's very refreshing and when you focus on something positive, it's wonderful. I used to listen to very soothing music to meditate to and let my mind wonder!

For the love of flowers

For the love of flowers
I have recently discovered my love for taking pics of flowers. This was taken in a small garden in Indiana...

Followers