About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom of two very active boys and and married to a wonderful husband and love of my life. I work in social services. But what's really awesome, is that I can blend my love the law and working with people with disabilities. But my true passion is writing, which helps me make sense of my world.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I had to think about this one for a minute...

Just be ordinary and nothing special. Eat your food, move your bowels, pass water, and when you're tired, go and lie down. The ignorant will laugh at me, but the wise will understand.
~Bruce Lee






I've always known that Bruce Lee was somewhat a philosopher. I watched a documentary about his life a long time ago. In this documentary, it was easy to appreciate that many of this philosophical beliefs and teachings were from years of Eastern study in both the physical and the spiritual. For me, it was obvious that he was seeking enlightenment during his short life. He may even obtained it. Unfortunately, we'll never know. 

For some reason, I really like this quote. I haven't quite figured it out yet. I have always believed that you shouldn't be ordinary...that you have to be different and stand out...However, this quote is definately food for thought!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I kind of interpret it something like this: We often have too much excess in our lives and it's easy to lose focus. We can get wrapped up in our jobs, what kind of car the neighbor drives, and live vicariously through our favorite tv characters. So it is essential to step back from it all, realize that all you need to keep yourself alive is very little. Appreciate the simplicity that life itself is. Being ordinary is being humble. It's those who boast the most who are the least secure in what they boast.

Sherita said...

Very true Chris!!

For the love of flowers

For the love of flowers
I have recently discovered my love for taking pics of flowers. This was taken in a small garden in Indiana...

Followers