About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom of two very active boys and and married to a wonderful husband and love of my life. I work in social services. But what's really awesome, is that I can blend my love the law and working with people with disabilities. But my true passion is writing, which helps me make sense of my world.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Man in the Mirror

Today, I was thinking about Michael Jackson's song "Man in the Mirror". This time I really listened to the words. "If you want to make the world to be a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change..." Those are some powerful lyrics! And then I thought of a another saying by Mahatma Gandhi, "You must be the change that you want to see in the world." Wow!

2 comments:

judy said...

Sherita I want to thank you for bringing that to my attention. I never really listened to the lyrics. I guess I don't pay attention anymore. I use to always listen to lyrics and not the music. You have brought a wonderful song from a totally remarkable entertainer to my attention. What he says is very true. You must look at your self before anything else to change. One by one we can make a difference.
I also love the quotes that you write from people. I don't know how you remember them but it is great. I never remember what I read. So thanks again. You are a special person, Sherita.

shayshayred said...

See, it all starts with you! We have to decide if we want to live in a positive world or a negative one, because our perceptions become our experience (our truth), like self fulfilling prophecies. So if you decide to make a positive change in yourself, then change will definitely happen around you!
:o) Love it!

For the love of flowers

For the love of flowers
I have recently discovered my love for taking pics of flowers. This was taken in a small garden in Indiana...

Followers