About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom of two very active boys and and married to a wonderful husband and love of my life. I work in social services. But what's really awesome, is that I can blend my love the law and working with people with disabilities. But my true passion is writing, which helps me make sense of my world.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Talking with Sharon

I must admit I really enjoy talking with my sister. Although we are completely different people, it's really cool to talk with a person who shares the same memories and experiences. We took different paths in our lives and yet, we still manage to connect and enjoy each other's company. Believe me, it wasn't always that way, especially in our teenage years and into our early twenties. In fact, we fought like cats and dogs about everything. But with some personal challenges, life's lessons and maturity, we've grown very close to each other.

Today, we can laugh and cry about our weird childhood and those funky adult experiences. To this day, we laugh about sneaking her into clubs in the Flats when she was barely 19 yrs old, backpacking through Europe and getting into a huge argument in Paris, defending our Americanism in a pub full of drunk Scots in London and then celebrating our first Thanksgiving in Chicago when we made that kickass Turkey! Good times!

I also enjoy the fact that because we're different people, our conversations are never boring and it's interesting to hear about her life through her experiences. I also appreciate the fact, that she gets my weird sense of humor and my fascination with Medieval (usally gory) epic movies. I mean who else will watch Gladiator, 300 or The 13th Warrior with me? Or who else would've sucked it up and watch The Princess and the Frog and watch me cry at the end? Happy Valentine's Day Sharon B! You rock!!

3 comments:

shayshayred said...

Snif, sniff... i'm in tears (No Really)... I guess I never tought of us as being different.. we're just sisters who's always had each others back! No matter what... I've always felt that I could count on you and you could count on me. 'Cause in the end we still have each other.. and it's always been that way. Yeah we've had some growing pains, but yours is a friendship that I can never measure. You know they say that you can't pick you family but you can pick your friends, well even if you weren't my sister we'd still be freinds.. not a lot of people can say that. Plus I mean it when i say that I'm coming back in the next life as your little sister... Im simply obsessed with you, plus what would you do witout me?

shayshayred said...

Speaking of movies:
Robin Hood and The Clash of the Titan

Sherita said...

Of course you're obsessed with me...who wouldn't be? :0)

For the love of flowers

For the love of flowers
I have recently discovered my love for taking pics of flowers. This was taken in a small garden in Indiana...

Followers