About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom of two very active boys and and married to a wonderful husband and love of my life. I work in social services. But what's really awesome, is that I can blend my love the law and working with people with disabilities. But my true passion is writing, which helps me make sense of my world.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

I miss my girls...

Today, I'm going to write about something extremely personal. Something that I don't share with the world....but now I'm going to put my feelings out there.

Right now, at this moment, I'm incredibly sad.

I'm really sad because I miss my girls. I miss my best friend, my girlfriends, my sister and my mom. As girls, we were close and shared one common thread of  being a hodgepodge of different backgrounds and personalities. It was that hodepodge that got us all through high school in one piece.

As young ladies, we began to explore our individuality, our lives and yet, we come together to share our experiences. As women, we grew up, most of us seperated, went away to school, some of us got married, had children or just moved away.

We tried to get together to share our experiences, but the demands of our everyday lives, leaves little for us to get together and share our experiences. I also think that because we've been away so long...that we don't know each other anymore, so we tend to feel like strangers amongst each other.

Tonight as I sit here,  I wonder what is everyone doing?  How is everyone doing? How are your children and your families? I want to see you face to face and talk with you. Now I know could call, email, facebook, tweet, leave countless voicemails, whatever...

But what happened to getting together and visiting with each other?

I miss my best friend completely. I miss our friendship and our bond. We shared so much in the past and in the present. You know me better than anyone on the whole world. But we don't see each other, we don't visit...we don't share our lives... I miss you.

I miss all my dear friends from school. I know that you guys are doing well. But I wish we could get together more often and share our experiences. But we we all live cities and states apart.

I understand that because of family obligations, careers, time and money that getting together is difficult. However, we should try to make an effort to get together. I really miss you guys.

I miss my mom and sister....enough said....

4 comments:

judy said...

Sherita, I totally understand what you are feeling. I miss my best friend from home. We grew up together since 2nd grade. We moved when I was in 10th grade but still stayed in touch and shared our experiences until well after I was married. She was still single. When I was in my early 40's we moved up here. We are only 1 hour away but it diffently does make a difference.
It was hard enough staying in touch when we only lived in different towns but now we are in different cities. It has been 10 years since we have spoken face to face. It is sad how people come and go in your life and how different lives become.We have been up here now for 20 years and I have found another best friend. There is quite an age difference but I can tell her anything and she would be there for me right or wrong. SHe will tell me that I'm wrong but still be in my corner.
I also miss my mom. She has been gone for 9 years now and it is still hard for me to accept. SHe lived in Brookfield Ohio next to Pa. and by where I grew up. When I first got married there wasn't a day that went by that I did not see here,then she moved about 20 minutes away so we talked on the phone everyday and before bed I would call and tell her that I love her and good nite.
Then we moved up here. It was really hard. We were 1 hour and 20 minutes from her and the phone calls were long distance. It was really hard. She would come up on Saturday mornings or we would go down there for the weekend.
Then the lord took her. I still think of her as being 1 hour and 20 minutes away. I can grab onto the idea and keep it in my head that she is really gone. I know it but yet I don't. It is hard to explain so I know it is harder for you to understand.
So I feel your emptiness about the friend, mom and sister thing. It is hard. I just try to hold onto what I have here and now and keep busy. Maybe you and your family could join me and my friends family and we could all be family. I know that is silly but we are always open to having more friends and extending our family. I know I am silly but the next cook out we have you will see how silly I am.
Judy

Sherita said...

Judy, you are so right. It's really hard sometimes. But I can appreciate that I still have my mom and my sister. I know friends come and go...I guess it is the "go" part that is so difficult. I really appreciate your encouraging words!

Chris said...

That makes me want to cry.

shayshayred said...

sniff, sniff, sniff... I’m writing this through teary eyes... (at work no doubt) I miss you too! Pete is estranged form his big brother- he never come around the family, he's never met his nieces and nephews... and finally made it around last year 2 days before he was going to be married, and NOONE in his family had ever met his fiancĂ© let alone knew he was alive! I told Pete that I cant even imagine NEVER talking to you...for the first 17 year of my life we spend everyday together, even shared bedrooms. We share the same genetics, experiences, like and dislikes – you as close to another me as it’s going to it, and not having you in my life is like cutting off a limb! I don’t know how people do it. Even tough our lives take us is different directions.. Thanks to modern technology, love and the desire to keep in touch… we’ll never loose each other!

Love you!

For the love of flowers

For the love of flowers
I have recently discovered my love for taking pics of flowers. This was taken in a small garden in Indiana...

Followers