About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom of two very active boys and and married to a wonderful husband and love of my life. I work in social services. But what's really awesome, is that I can blend my love the law and working with people with disabilities. But my true passion is writing, which helps me make sense of my world.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chris Brown and the Man in the Mirror

I watching parts of the BET Awards and Chris Brown was singing Man in the Mirror as a tribute to Michael Jackson, and it was quite apparent that he couldn't sing the rest of the song. He was very emotional and starting crying on stage. It was quite obvious that the words touched him, despite the media scrutiny the next day, I know that you can't fake that kind of emotion and sincerity. It appears that the world and the music industry is ready to forgive Chris Brown for beating up Rhianna. And I agree, it's time to move on.

Of course, this opened up a conversation between Brendan and myself about Chris Brown's domestic violence sitatution. I was very frank with Brendan and explained that what Chris Brown was absolutely wrong and awful. Under no circumstances should a man ever put his hands on a woman. He deserved all the public scrutiny that came along with it. His career practically went down the toilet and his image was tarnished.

But then this led to teaching Brendan about remorse and forgiveness. We talked about making mistakes and even those of the worse kind But along with acknowledgment comes being compassionate remorseful. Now obviously, I don't know Chris Brown, I really don't listen to his music and really don't care about him personally. But I just think his situation should be a valuable lesson to all people, especially when it comes to bringing awareness about domestic violence.  Because I know first hand, what happens when domestic violence is not stopped. Hopefully, he got a good dose of humble pie! Check out the link below:

http://youtu.be/K2K3yV1nQcQ

2 comments:

shayshayred said...

I agree that you cant fake kind of emotion and sincerity... And I will give it to him... in the past few months, he may have had to do a LOT of soul searching to come face to face with his anger... and I'm sure a little counseling helps too! For once, its like he FINALLY got it and it's great that he's learning this lesson at such a young age, it'll make him a better man for it. I just hope his career doesn't suffer worse then it already has.

shayshayred said...

(s/n)... not that I'm a Chris Brown fan and all... but it is just a shame to see someone any one so young inadvertently be victimized by the demons form their childhood. At times you see the little boy in his eyes, living inside body of a young man.

For the love of flowers

For the love of flowers
I have recently discovered my love for taking pics of flowers. This was taken in a small garden in Indiana...

Followers